[llvm-dev] Rationale for the object cache design?

Paweł Bylica via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 18 12:21:53 PDT 2016

I have the issue with the current ObjectCache API as well. I would like to
cache also the generation of IR modules from frontend code. I am able to
check if the cached object exists, but I still need to create a fake (but
valid) IR module and pass it to MCJIT. The MCJIT will then ask the
ObjectCache again to load the object.

Maybe the ObjectCache should allow using arbitrary cache key, not forcing
the module to be also the key.