[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Lawrence, Peter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 15 15:12:58 PDT 2016

As someone that has worked with both gcc and llvm,

One thing about gcc that drives me bat-guano-crazy is that
First you check out gcc, try to build it, and find that you also
Need mpc, so you check that out and try to build it, and
Find out you also need gmp, so you check that out and try
To build it, and find out that you also need mpfr, .....

IE I'm in favor of a mono-repository.

Also I'll ask that for a change that spans multiple
projects (eg clang, llvm, lto) simultaneously is there
any alternative to mono-repository that supports
an atomic commit ???  (IMHO maintaining repo
integrity and consistency is the number one priority)

--Peter Lawrence.