[llvm-dev] Reducing JIT time

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 12 19:01:05 PDT 2016

Hi Koffie,

I'm surprised to hear that FastISel doesn't help - what architecture are
you compiling for? Is it falling back to SelectionDAG often?

You can use an object cache if you're not already doing so and your
use-case allows for it.

If you switch to ORC you can also use lazy compilation to defer compilation
of functions until they're first executed. This can improve startup times,
and reduce overall compile times if not all functions are executed.

Cheers,
Lang.