[llvm-dev] Running llvm test-suite

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 11 11:45:42 PDT 2016

Yes the test-suite can be run without lnt (you can always just look at the LNT logfiles to see what commands it is running and run those yourself).

Currently I would recommend using the cmake/lit version of the test-suite. You typically do something like:

mkdir build && cd build
cmake -GNinja -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=/path/to/my/clang -DTEST_SUITE_ARCH_FLAGS="-arch arm64" /path/to/test-suite
ninja      # to build the benchmarks
llvm-lit   # to run the benchmarks

You should check "ccmake"/"cmake -LA" to learn about the available options as well as llvm-lit. You can either use llvm-lit from an llvm build or use the pypy packaged version (pip install lit). The cmake/lit version has no support to run custom backends through llc at the moment, you need to have a clang version that accepts -arch XXX for your target.

- Matthias