[llvm-dev] DSA missing symbol

fee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 9 19:28:39 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I compiled the llvm 3.7 ported version of DSA from https://github.com/jtcriswell/llvm-dsa.
However, as soon as I load the generated LLVMDataStructure.so with opt I get an error about a missing symbol:

$ llvm-dsa/bin/opt -load llvm-dsa/lib/LLVMDataStructure.so < app.bc
Error opening 'llvm-dsa/lib/LLVMDataStructure.so': llvm-dsa/lib/LLVMDataStructure.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3dsa16CallTargetMarker2IDE

The symbol demangles to: " dsa::CallTargetMarker::ID".

This post (http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-April/098807.html) suggest to load AssistDS.so prior to LLVMDataStructure.so.
However, AssistDS.so seems not be build. The only library that is build is the LLVMDataStructure.
Maybe this is intended because only DSA is ported and not the entire Poolalloc.

How can I resolve the missing symbol problem?

Regards,

Fredi