[llvm-dev] help please: how to sort the contents of a "SymbolTableListTraits<GlobalVariable>"?

Abe Skolnik via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 4 11:41:35 PDT 2016

On 08/04/2016 01:33 PM, David Majnemer wrote:

> You should never be copying or moving around Values.

Why not?  Is that because of this thing you also wrote in the same message: "use lists are
allocated before the object"?

> An llvm::Value (which GlobalVariable is a subtype of) should exist only in the heap.

Trying to sort a container of such objects doesn`t require me to contradict that advice.  The
code I have added only uses "GlobalVariable" via pointers and references, with the possible
exception of the newly-added copy ctor.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Abe