[llvm-dev] Git move survey

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 4 06:58:12 PDT 2016

Hi Tanya,

Do you have an idea on how we'll put up this survey online?

The other thread on the foundation list had some good proposals, but I
don't know how we'll make sure we follow all of them when we actually
publish it.

I'd like to have some process going before early Sep, so we can just
"put it up" as soon as all the proposals are finished.

Some questions...

Q1. How do we choose the questions / format?

Starting from the other thread would be good, but we may need a review
process to make sure everyone think it's a fair questionnaire (or the
exercise won't have the desired effect).

Q2. Where do we host it?

This is mostly independent and a bit irrelevant, but it could make a
difference to answer the question above.

Q3. Do we fix a date, or make it depend on the proposals?

If the former, we may run with incomplete proposals. If the latter, we
may run it too late. A mix of both will be the answer, but I
personally think we need to set a limit date (early Sep).

Q4. How do we present the results?

I volunteer to do the analysis and conclusions, but I think that the
bulk of the results should be made public at some point. If we decide
to have private text boxes, we must keep them out, but everything else
should be public.

I also think we should have a session at the US LLVM to present the
results and maybe have a final decision there.

cheers,
--renato