[llvm-dev] Advice on Reducing LLVM Bitcode Programs

Chengnian Sun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 21 13:27:36 PDT 2016

I managed to address the problem. It turns out that there is a flag -mlimit
controlling the memory consumption of bugpoint. The default value is 400MB,
and I set it to 0. Then the sanitizers run smoothly.

Now I am running delta and bugpoint together to minimize the bitcode. From
what I see so far, the combination is not bad.

A remaining problem is the comments in the bitcode files (strings starting
with ';'). It will be good if I can remove them too.

--
Best Regards.

Chengnian SUN.