[llvm-dev] state of the lld linker for aarch64

Ed Maste via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 19 14:31:02 PDT 2016

On 19 April 2016 at 06:59, Renato Golin via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi Dima,
>
> Adhemerval is working on AArch64 support, and it should be mostly
> there, though some missing TLS support. He should know more.

Here's some info on TLS. Review D18960 has the initial implementation
for TLSDESC support: http://reviews.llvm.org/D18960

I've been occasionally testing FreeBSD/arm64 buildworld with lld and
managed to get everything to link with an earlier version of D18960
and an equivalent set of workarounds as on FreeBSD/amd64. There is
some TLS bug outstanding that caused all binaries to segfault at
start, though. I plan to take another look at that once D18711 and
D18960 land.