[llvm-dev] Move InlineCost.cpp out of Analysis?

Easwaran Raman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 18 14:24:17 PDT 2016

Thanks for the comments.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 18, 2016, at 2:07 PM, Hal Finkel via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

Yes, I meant that it is not an analysis pass. It does perform analysis. I
see one such example of something that performs analysis being added under
Transforms/Utils: CmpInstAnalysis.cpp.

> >> I submitted r266477 (which has now been reverted) that made Analysis
> >> depend on ProfileData in order to obtain ProfileSummary for the
> >> module, but there is an existing dependency of ProfileData on
> >> Analysis (through Object and BitCode).
>
> The real issue is that BitCode depends on Analysis I think.

I think that is due to ThinLTO's use of  getBlockProfileCount.

I'm not sure about ProfileData that depends on Bitcode, do you know why?

ProfileData (specifically CoverageMapping{Reader|Writer}) depends on Object
which depends on Bitcode.

- Easwaran