[llvm-dev] Compile DSA without poolalloc and add it as a dependency to my pass running on llvm-3.8

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 6 10:53:28 PDT 2016

On 4/6/16 1:48 PM, Syed Rafiul Hussain via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please suggest me how can I compile DSA without poolalloc
> and add it as a dependency to my pass running on llvm-3.8?
>
> Thanks

You can remove the Poolallocate directory from directories to compile in
poolalloc/lib/Makefile to skip compiling poolalloc (you can also remove
tools from the list of directories in poolalloc/Makefile).

As the LLVM 3.8 build machinery has changed, I'm not sure how to best
add the DSA libraries to your dependencies.  The SAFECode Makefiles have
special targets that copy the DSA libraries from the poolalloc
Debug/Release directories into the SAFECode Debug/Release directories;
the regular Makefile machinery then allows you to link in the DSA
libraries as if they had been compiled within the SAFECode source code.

In the worst case, you can probably hack around the issue by adding -L
and -l options to your Makefile with hard-coded paths to where the DSA
libraries are built.  That can at least get you going until a better
solution is found.

Sorry for the short answer, but I have to go teach class.

Regards,

John Criswell

--
John Criswell