[llvm-dev] Add Call instruction in IR for a non-existing function

Kevin Hu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 5 13:48:42 PDT 2016

Hi,

I think it's called getOrInsertFunction() in module class, with reference
from:

http://llvm.org/releases/2.6/docs/tutorial/JITTutorial1.html

Also, when you encounter questions for LLVM C++ APIs in the future, you can
write desired output code and use llc to generate proper C++API code, which
I think is a very neat feature of LLVM.

e.g.
clang -c -emit-llvm your_desired_output.c
llc -march=cpp your_desired_output.bc

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Kevin