[llvm-dev] How to call an (x86) cleanup/catchpad funclet

Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 16:35:45 PDT 2016

For 32-bit x86, set EBP to the address of the end of the SEH registration
node before calling any funclet. The prologue does 'addl $12, %ebp' to
recompute the real frame pointer from that address. The return value of the
catch handler is the label that you should jump to with EBP set in the same
manner. The code at that label will take care of restoring other registers.

Also, unless you absolutely need to be compatible with MSVC exceptions,
don't use funclets for your new personality. Use landingpads. They are
better and will get you better code.