[llvm-dev] RFC: Constant folding math functions for long double

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 10:15:41 PDT 2016

On 4 April 2016 at 17:49, Reid Kleckner via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> An optional MPFR dependency would also be pretty painful. I expect it will
> frequently be missing and will not be exercised by most buildbots.

Wouldn't this be responsibility of whomever care?

I mean, like any other back-end / plugin that people dump in ToT to
help them "have third-party code hanging out but is not actually
tested and should be fine as long as it doesn't break anything else".

We seems to be gathering more and more of those things lately, and I
thought people were generally ok with it.

Not that I care too much, I don't have any use for MPFR myself, just
wanting to understand where we cut the line.

cheers,
--renato