[llvm-dev] sum elements in the vector

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 4 09:34:01 PDT 2016

My target has an instruction that adds up all elements in the vector and
stores the result in a register. I'm trying to implement it in my compiler
but I'm not sure even where to start.

I did look at other targets, but they don't seem to have anything like it (
I could be wrong. My experience with LLVM is limited, so if I missed it,
I'd appreciate if someone could point it out ).

My understanding is that if SDNode for such an instruction doesn't exist I
have to define one. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. I don't even
know where to start looking. Would someone care to point me in the right
direction?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Rail Shafigulin