[llvm-dev] Building clang in llvm-3.7 on Linux with RT support enabled

David Lobron via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 13:32:51 PDT 2015

> We are actively working toward depreciating the autoconf build system in favor of CMake on all platforms, so it is the preferred way to build LLVM.
>
> I imagine if you look at the CMake scripts relating to the blocks runtime from before r154059, that will probably give you a good start on getting the runtime working now. If you end up with patches that make this work for you please share them as there are probably other people that will benefit from this too.

Thanks!  It turns out that GNUstep's version of libobjc2 has the blocks code in it, so I should be able to pick it up from there.  I think I'm thus all set, but I will let you guys know if I end up creating a working patch for clang that adds blocks on Linux via cmake.

Thank you again for the friendly support,

David