[llvm-dev] How to unscribe from all the emails

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 04:42:13 PDT 2015

As the list is run by mailman, you can subscribe but set the "nomail" flag.
Then the list will accept posts from you, but won't send you posts.

This tends to imply one of the following:
- you never answer anyone else's questions, and hope they CC you to replies
to yours
- you read posts via the web interface, not via mail
- you read via mail but sometimes post with another "From:" address

I'm not sure if this setting is exposed to normal users, but an admin can
do it. I usually do it (on lists I admin) when I get a "post from a
non-member" rejection notification and I recognize that the message is
actually from a subscriber, but a different email.