[llvm-dev] buildbot failure in LLVM on clang-cmake-thumbv7-a15-full-sh

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 29 10:44:33 PDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:41 AM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 29 September 2015 at 18:22, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This buildbot looks like it's been failing since Friday - does anyone
>> > know/own/care about it?
>>
>> Yes, we're looking into it.
>>
>> As you probably noticed, debugging ARM buildbots are not easy, not
>> fast. Reverting commits at random also don't help with the problem,
>> and bisecting can take days, if not weeks.

Also - if the blame list isn't short enough to provide effective/actionable
blame for the actual developer who caused the regression, sending email
seems noisy and unhelpful. This seems like a buildbot that should just be
emailing you (and anyone else tasked with/interested in investigating these
failures), not a long list project contributors?