[llvm-dev] [libunwind][Mips] Problem using gas to assemble UnwindRegistersSave.S

Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 28 01:15:13 PDT 2015

> The integrated assembler works great. It was gas that complained.
> Apparently gas must default to MIPS I

That depends on the exact toolchain you have since the default is often overridden but the default-default is MIPS-I. Clang defaults to MIPS32R2/MIPS64R2 depending on the triple at the moment.

> Should the integrated assembler be enabled by default for the Mips?

Not yet. There's a number of quiet mis-assembly bugs at the moment. The plan is to switch it on once it's good enough for the Linux kernel and see what bug reports come back.