[llvm-dev] Meet at MTV to discuss TSAN/android/aarch64?

Jason Kim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 24 18:37:06 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 5:42 PM, 'Evgenii Stepanov' via thread-sanitizer <
thread-sanitizer at googlegroups.com> wrote:

> This means that tcgetattr is not intercepted on Android. Either it was
> not there before, or I looked at the wrong place.

Yeah, I guess the intent is that tcgetattr should not be intercepted on
android . I don't think it was enough though, even if it worked as intended
-- At least on a fairly recent build for android, the chain isatty() ->
tcgettatr() (and then finally ioctl()) were being caught be TSAN
recursively, and were problematic. It seems simpler to not have those calls
caught by TSAN when theya are being made by bionic...

Thanks for the clarification, Evgenii.
-Jason