[llvm-dev] Codegen difference between Asserts and No-Asserts mode

Sumanth Gundapaneni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 23 14:44:05 PDT 2015

Hi,

          What is the guarantee that the codegen is same across Release and
Release+Asserts build (except the known differences)?

I assume there is no guarantee and it is possible to drop a bug like this.
Personally I feel it is very expensive to debug and it depends on each
scenario.

Most of the bots test the Release+Asserts mode and any thoughts on how we
can catch this sort of a problem with minimal set of changes to build
infrastructure?

--Sumanth G