[llvm-dev] TableGen MCInstrDesc Instruction Size Zero

Sky Flyer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 14 06:44:32 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to write an AsmParser and a CodeEmitter for simple ADD
instruction.
Here is what I have in the TestGenInstrInfo.td:

*extern const MCInstrDesc TestInsts[] = {...{ 23, 3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0x0ULL,
nullptr, nullptr, OperandInfo13, 0, nullptr },  // Inst #23 = ADD8_rr...}*

I parse the instruction successfully but I am not sure what I did wrong
that the Size (as you can see in the line above is Zero for this
instruction. (In EncodeInstruction, Desc.getSize() returns zero.)

Any help is appreciated....

Cheers,
ES