[llvm-dev] CMake Advice?

Norilo Vesa-Petri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 12 14:36:44 PDT 2015

Dear LLVM developers,

I’m building LLVM with Visual Studio on Windows. My desired configuration is to have NDEBUG defined for a Release build and not defined for a Debug build (within a single solution). LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS seems to define NDEBUG for both configurations, which results in my project breaking in Release mode if assertions were enabled or Debug mode if they were disabled.

Is there another flag I should tweak? Essentially I’d like the CMake default behavior with regard to NDEBUG in a multi-configuration solution to be left alone.

Many thanks,
Vesa Norilo