[llvm-dev] LibFuzzer and platforms availability

Kostya Serebryany via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 15:11:18 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM, AlexDenisov <1101.debian at gmail.com> wrote:

> That’s great, thank you for patch.
>
> > r247321 refactors the code so that it should build on Mac.
> > I haven't actually tested it on Mac -- so please help me and send follow
> up patches if needed.
>

> I can confirm that first example worked as expected (with some additions:
> '-I path_to_compiler_rt/include' when build LibFuzzer and
> ‘-lclang_rt.asan_osx_dynamic -L path_to_libs/clang/3.8.0/lib/darwin’).

Weird. This should not be needed if -fsanitize=address is provided to the
link command.

> > check-fuzzer will still fail because some of the libFuzzer tests require
> dfsan.
>
> make doesn’t see check-fuzzer rule, seems it’s disabled somewhere in
> CMakeLists, I’m going to investigate.

check-fuzzer appears only with cmake option
-DLLVM_USE_SANITIZE_COVERAGE=YES
See http://llvm.org/docs/LibFuzzer.html#fuzzing-components-of-llvm
I never tried it Mac though

> > I'll try to commit such patches later this week, but I don't have a Mac
> so it will be harder for me to test.
>
> Please, don’t hesitate to CC me and I’ll run tests on my machine.
>
> > If anyone wants it quicker -- patches are welcome.
>
> I’d be happy to send them, but I know nothing about LibFuzzer internals :)

That should be done not in libFuzzer code, but in CMake files in
lib/Fuzzer/test