[llvm-dev] Improve JIT C API

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 7 23:07:01 PDT 2015

Hi James,

> And thus, if ORC is at that level (probably is?), I think it should just
go in there with all the rest of them.

ORC is definitely not at that level yet - the attached patch was for
a prototype of the APIs and lacks many features. If it goes in, I expect it
to change reasonably quickly over the next few weeks/months as features are
added and bugs uncovered and fixed. After that I would expect it to calm
down a bit, but it'll be a while before it could approach the kind of
stability described in the document you posted for review.

 I'll keep an eye on this thread tomorrow and see what other people have to
say as they get back from vacation, but I suspect the next step for the ORC
APIs will be to go in to llvm/include/llvm-c/unstable. They can live there
while they're under development and move to llvm-c if/when we're ready.

Cheers,
Lang.