[llvm-dev] LLVM Runtime Code Generation on Android

Ali Demiröz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 6 06:02:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

Is there anybody out there that is experienced with run-time code
generation on an android device?
Is it even possible to achieve this?

I compiled both llvm and clang for x64 android tablet and everything seemed
fine until i tried to call exposed generated function through my native
code: it gave an error that indicating I dont have rights to execute code
in this memory block.(I will add the exact error when i access my
development machine. )

My tablet is not rooted so I can not be sure that is caused by memory
protection. But I would expect llvm/clang to handle memory rights that
generated code resides in. right?

Thanks,
Ali