[llvm-dev] Induction variable of a parallel loop

Kezia Andrade via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 5 11:40:07 PDT 2015

Hi all,

    I am trying to get the induction variable of a parallel loop using LLVM.
To this end, I call "getCanonicalInductionVariable" onto a loop for which
the isAnnotatedParallel method returns true. These two methods belong into
LoopInfo. However, clang seems only maintain the isAnnotatedParallel
metadata at the -O3 optimization level. Yet, at that level many loops
become too complicated, and
"getCanonicalInductionVariable" stops being able to return an
induction variable
for many loops. So, is there a way to implement the isAnnotatedParallel
metadata at the -O0 optimization level of clang? If I want to do this,
where in the code should I look into?

Regards to all,

Kézia

Kézia