[llvm-dev] Testing "normal" cross-compilers versus GPU backends

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 4 09:20:58 PDT 2015

Modifying lit itself to support running a "generic" test multiple times, iterating through some specified set of triples, seems like a rather more ambitious feature than I'm willing to sign up for.  You guys want such a thing, knock yourselves out.

But does this suggest a groundswell of support for configurations where the default triple's target is NOT included in the build?  And having the LLVM tests tolerate that configuration?  That patch I have 90% done, and it seems to work okay; my only real objection is that it endorses a pretty counter-intuitive kind of configuration.

(And if an iterate-through-triples patch supersedes what I did, that's fine too—but my immediate goal is to re-enable cross-compiler testing of these generic tests, which currently isn't happening at all.)
--paulr