[llvm-dev] What is compiler-rt for?

mats petersson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 2 02:59:26 PDT 2015

I'm probably not 100% right here, but here's how I'd explain it:
It is there to allow the compiler to run on platforms that would otherwise
not have the relevant functionality. If you already have a C++ compiler to
build Clang with on the target system, you (most likely) have everything
you need. But what if you are cross-compiling to a target with limited/no
support for C++ on the target?

--
Mats