[llvm-dev] RFC: Improving license & patent issues in the LLVM community

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 30 06:20:02 PDT 2015

Am 29.10.2015 um 13:30 schrieb Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev:
> However for safety many might prefer not to look at the source

Those who do that have no interest in the LLVM license anyway.
IOW I do not think that this needs to be considered in licensing
choices. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

 > so that
> any incidental similarities can't be accused of being due to copying
> code directly.

 From what I see in the SVN, FreePascal is written in Pascal, so
accusations of verbatim copying from the LLVM sources wouldn't work.
That's still not 100% safe, but then I guess nothing is.

Regards,
Jo