[llvm-dev] [RFC] Late October Update: Progress report on CMake build system's ability to replace autoconf
Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 27 13:17:27 PDT 2015
There’s been a good bit of progress this month, and with the dev meeting later this week I thought I’d send out a second update. There are only two outstanding blocking issues that don’t have patches proposed, PR 21568 & PR 23947. I would greatly appreciate if someone who works on Mips would take a look at PR 23947.
The following issues have been marked as fixed since the last update I sent out.
* Bug 14109 - CMake build for compiler-rt should use just-built clang
* Bug 24157 - CMake built shared library does not export all public symbols
These issues are still outstanding. Classification of blocking vs non-blocking are my own opinions, please let me know if you disagree. All non-blocking issues are still serious bugs that need to be fixed.
* Bug 14200 - -fno-rtti not in cxxflags given by llvm-config (Patches out for review http://reviews.llvm.org/D11849 <http://reviews.llvm.org/D11849>)
* Bug 21568 - Cannot add rpath
* Bug 23947 - CMake+Mips: find_library() doesn't work correctly when recursing 64-bit (both N32 and N64 ABI's) compiler on Debian Jessie
* Bug 25059 - CMake libllvm.so.$MAJOR.$MINOR shared object name not compatible with ldconfig (Two conflicting approaches are proposed to fix this in http://reviews.llvm.org/D13841 <http://reviews.llvm.org/D13841> & http://reviews.llvm.org/D14040 <http://reviews.llvm.org/D14040>)
* Bug 19875 - libraries and executables need different rpaths
* Bug 22466 - cmake build should provide way to run tablegen with no arguments
* Bug 23746 - test-suite lacks CMake support (Part 1 landed r251431, Part 2 approved patches http://reviews.llvm.org/D14061)
* Bug 24919 - [autoconf -> cmake] libclang.a is not packaged in the Ubuntu x86_64 pre-built
Other issues not tracked by bugs:
* FreeBSD seemed to have problems with CMake identifying itself as amd64 causing x86_64 tests to fail
* Migrating buildbots
* We need to make sure libc++ works properly on Darwin
* Put together a “cheat sheet” document for transitioning
Thank you everyone who has helped out to get us this far. We're getting awfully close now!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev