[llvm-dev] How can I tell llvm, that a branch is preferred ?

Chen Li via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 27 11:02:01 PDT 2015

Hi Nat!,

I think you can try to attach branch weight metadata to the branch or switch, and give a higher weight to the likely taken path. In that way, LLVM should be able to order the code correctly.

For branch weight metadata, you can refer to the following document:

http://llvm.org/docs/BranchWeightMetadata.html <http://llvm.org/docs/BranchWeightMetadata.html>

thanks,
chen