[llvm-dev] Implement a Loop Dependence Analysis Infrastructure

vivek pandya via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 26 06:39:55 PDT 2015

Hello LLVM Community ,

I have gone through the DependenceAnalysis.cpp and I think almost every
test mentioned in *Practical Dependence Testing Goff, Kennedy, Tseng PLDI
1991 *is implemented except task mentioned in comment

> Currently, the implementation cannot propagate constraints between coupled
> RDIV subscripts and lacks a multi-subscript MIV test.

Also there are some advanced test described in literature like  The Power
Test [WolT90] and The Omega test [PugW92] can also be implemented.
Currently I am reading all these papers .
I am here confused because most of the work related to Loop Dependence
Analysis have been implemented then why there is need to re-implement it ?
Or the Idea page is not updated since long time.

Please share your reviews for this task.
Apart from this I would also like to have more information about

>    1. - Design some way to represent and query dep analysis
>
> as mentioned on Open Projects page.

Please guide !

Bio:
I am Vivek Pandya , CS graduate student at BITS , Pilani India.
I would like to contribute to LLVM project with improving Dependence
Analysis Infrastructure as my term project for up coming semester. I have
opted Advanced Compilation  technique for next semester. I will have around
4 months to implement the term project.

--
*Vivek Pandya*