[llvm-dev] Is there a way to determine what CPU resource is used by which instruction?

Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 11:58:46 PDT 2015

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to figure out what processor
resource is used by which instruction during scheduling. This is purely for
debugging purposes. Since I'm somewhat new to LLVM it is a bit difficult
for me to figure this out.

Initial idea was to insert comments in the generated assembly which would
tell me what what resource is used. MachineInstr has a  uint8_t
AsmPrinterFlags, which I want to use to pass information from the scheduler
to AsmPrinter about which resource is used. I've asked on the IRC channel
how to do it but nobody seems to know. A scheduling debug log was also
mentioned (supposedly it should provide me with the same information) but I
don't know how to generate one.

I'd appreciate any help on the issue.