[llvm-dev] [RFC] Clean up the way we store optional Function data

Vedant Kumar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 16 13:54:36 PDT 2015

Here is a WIP patch as promised:

    http://reviews.llvm.org/D13829

It uses a hungoff uselist to store optional data as needed.

Some early objections from Duncan:

    - An extra one-time malloc() is required to set personality functions.
    - We get and set personality functions frequently. This patch introduces a level of indirection which slows the common case down.

Is this overhead acceptable?

If not, maybe we could leave personality function handling untouched and add a "Constant **OptionalData" array to Function.

vedant