[llvm-dev] BoF on Profile Guided Optimizations at Dev Meeting
Diego Novillo via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 16 07:13:43 PDT 2015
Ivan and I are going to host a PGO BoF at the upcoming dev meeting. We
would like to solicit input on topics that folks might be interested in
discussing. Please remember that the BoF is not all that long (about an
hour), so we'd like to make sure we cover the big ticket items first.
These are the main topic areas we have in mind for now (in no particular
1. PGO-based inlining
1. Path forward for profile-based inlining, including pre-inlining &
2. Refactoring API to facilitate incremental updates
2. PGO infrastructure
1. Bootstrapping w/ PGO enabled
2. Shrinking the size of instrumentation profile data.
3. Zero counts in branch weight metadata or some alternative way to
have zero counts for basic blocks or edges.
4. Online merging (multiple input files into -fprofile-instr-use)
5. FE vs IR instrumentation - Share common infrastructure
6. How do we validate PGO data?
3. Value profiling
1. Types of value profiling that are useful to track
2. Integrating value profile with AutoFDO (indirect call promotion)
4. LTO and ThinLTO
1. Requirements for integrating profile data.
If you'd like to add another topic that you find important, please let us
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev