[llvm-dev] Buildbots timeout

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 13:40:20 PDT 2015

Hi Galina,

I have observed that some of my bots timeout for no apparent reason
(no external load, no network mishaps, no issues), and when I go to
check the buildslave process, I see that it has just being restarted.

Do you know what could be causing this?

Swap is untouched, plenty of disk left, CPUs a plenty. So, I'm
contemplating the possibility that the master lost connectivity to it
and didn't get it back until it was too late.

I've seen this happen with my local master, when I reload the config,
the bot doesn't die but doesn't do much either. What I do is then a
full restart of all slaves and the master.

This is impractical in the LLVM Lab, but would be good to at least
understand what's going on before I get people accusing me of
"unstable behaviour". :)

cheers,
--renato