[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 12:43:20 PDT 2015

On 13 October 2015 at 20:23, Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is a particularly constructive way to continue this
> conversation.

Sorry, irony is an indirect way of saying I don't agree with the whole
conversation as it stands.

I apologise.

>> Someone said earlier, the more specific we are now, the more
>> we'll argue about it. We don't need that.
>
> You say "we", but I'm certain that you don't mean to speak for
> everyone.

The first phrase was a paraphrase, so the "we" is not mine.

The second phrase is meant to say "we don't want to keep arguing about
such specific details". That's just *my* opinion.

How do I voice my opinion referring to a group I belong to without
saying "we"? Maybe "I don't *think* we need that"? Anyway, that's what
I meant.

cheers,
--renato