[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 11:14:23 PDT 2015

Am 13.10.2015 um 17:41 schrieb Rafael EspĂ­ndola via llvm-dev:
> How about "religion or lack thereof"? I know it can be understood to
> be implicit, but as an atheist I tend feel a bit left out of
> statements like that.

Even if that was meant light-heartedly, that's exactly the kind of
nitpicking an offender would try to apply in his/her favor. And that's
the reason why I have such a strong bias against trying to cover all
bases - the more text you have, the more interpretatory loopholes there are.

I believe one of the reasons that people tend to draw up overspecific
CoCs is that they want to make sure that even an evicted offender can't
argue against the eviction.
It's not going to help in this way though. (Almost?) all offenders
believe they're totally in their right acting like they do.