[llvm-dev] Compiling SAFECode poolalloc in cygwin create different libraries compared to linux.

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 10:46:27 PDT 2015

Dear Kiran,

Which version of LLVM/SAFECode are you using?  Is it LLVM 3.2?

I'm guessing that you're using LLVM 3.2 and trying to compile
safecode/tools/LTO (that's the only component that links in
AssistDS.a).  You could try changing the following line:

$(PROJ_OBJ_ROOT)/$(BuildMode)/lib/libAssistDS.a:
$(POOLALLOC_OBJDIR)/$(BuildMode)/lib/AssistDS.a

... to:

$(PROJ_OBJ_ROOT)/$(BuildMode)/lib/libAssistDS.a:
$(POOLALLOC_OBJDIR)/$(BuildMode)/lib/libAssistDS.a

You'll need to fix the problem for other libraries for which SAFECode
creates links in its own object tree (such as libpoolalloc.a).

That might fix the problem on Cygwin.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 10/13/15 2:36 AM, kiran pawar via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi,
> On Linux I observed
>
> [root at localhost poolalloc]# find . -name *.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/LLVMDataStructure.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/poolalloc.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/AssistDS.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpoolalloc_fl_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpoolalloc_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpa_pre_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libcount.a
>

> On cygwin I observed
>
> kpawar at KPAWAR-LT ~/SAFECode/LLVM_SRC/llvm/projects/poolalloc
> $ find . -name *.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libAssistDS.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libcount.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libLLVMDataStructure.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpa_pre_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpoolalloc.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpoolalloc_fl_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libpoolalloc_rt.a
> ./Release+Asserts/lib/libtypechecks_rt.a
>

> This creates issue to llvm/safecode since it tries to search libraries
> named as poolalloc.a, AssistDS.a etc. Any solution for this ?
>
> ~ Kiran

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell