[llvm-dev] Editing metadata
deadal nix via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 2 23:37:50 PDT 2015
I'm using the JIT capabilities of LLVM. But so far, I've been unable to use
the debug capabilities of LLVM in conjunction with the JIT. The problematic
scenario goes as follow :
- Emit some IR with debug infos.
- Install hooks to get back into some codepath that I do not wish to
codegen at this stage.
- JIT the method. This require to finalize the DIBuilder to complete the
emission of debug metadata.
- Later on, emit IR for some of the missing branches. Here the problem
- Without debug infos, the codegen for this specific method can be
invalidated and redone, all is fine.
- With debug infos, the metadata have been finalized already, and it
doesn't seems that it is possible to revert this
Is there a way to make that work ? If not, is there a patch I can work on
to make that work ?
Thank in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev