[llvm-dev] Language Changes in 3.7 and beyond

David Power via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 26 10:23:25 PST 2015

Hello,

I am writing a compiler which outputs LLVM for my own custom language. Thanks to everybody who has contributed to the project it really is an impressive tool chain.

I downloaded the 3.7 release from the website and I noticed that there had been a change to getelementptr.

I can see the new syntax in the latest version of the Language Reference Manual but I could find no other reference to the change.

Is there a definitive list of language changes for each release of LLVM? Also, are there any more planned changes that are in the pipeline?

Many thanks

David