[llvm-dev] ARM Static Base Register

Stephen Crane via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 25 12:04:17 PST 2015

Hi all,

I'm trying to see if I can use a global static base register instead of
PC-relative addressing. I see that I can easily reserve R9 in the ARM
Subtarget, but this doesn't let me use it. I found a TODO in
ARMAsmPrinter.cpp that refers to this:
  // TODO: We currently only support either reserving the register, or
treating
  // it as another callee-saved register, but not as SB or a TLS pointer

Has anyone tried to do this before? Any pointers or suggestions? I figured
I would check with the list before diving into implementation.

Thanks,
Stephen