[llvm-dev] Porting to 3.7 rises error "Pass 'MachineDominator Tree Construction' is not initialized."

Yukio Siraichi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 22 13:26:23 PST 2015

Hi, Everyone!

I'm working on a framework that applies IR level optimizations to a given
code. So,
it was working properly with LLVM 3.6, but then, I decided to port it to
the version
3.7. For that, I add the Passes in the legacy::PassManager with PassInfo's,
and then,
run it.

Of course, it raised some problems, which I managed to fix, until sometime
ago. I
noticed that when it was trying to compile the code with a given set of
optimizations,
it raised this error (any set of optimizations raised this error):

Pass 'MachineDominator Tree Construction' is not initialized.
Verify if there is a pass dependency cycle.
Required Passes:
(There was no required Passes specified after that)

So, I tried initializing it before applying the optimizations with:
initializeMachineDominatorTreePass(*Registry);

But, unfortunately, nothing changed. So, I'm lost.
Any Ideas??

-Marcos