[llvm-dev] Recent -Os code size regressions

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 20 16:04:45 PST 2015

Hi Steve,

That commit gives significant performance improvements, so I'm not happy
reverting it because of the code size increase. A lot of the code size
increase is backend dependent, and I have a set of patches that improves
the codegen drastically on ARM at least. The midend is generating better
code, and more optimisable code (and it's about 30% more performance too).

James