[llvm-dev] I need your Help to solve this Error and Get the Complete Error Report in Cygwin

Nikhil Reddy Kothapally via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 10:08:50 PST 2015

Dear Prof Dr. John Criswell,
                                        I am doing well professor hope the
same with you, i had worked a lot get this and ask your help  professor. I
will Explain you in detail and give you some attachments and also my Work
Area Code on Which a working Currently Please suggest me how to solve this
problem it took totally 45 days for me to get this and so that i was not in
contact with you

#1 SIGSEGV singal invocation on cygwin but not on Linux..what could be the
reason?

#2 Is it LLVM generated intermediated instruction set or something else?

Here in the Image i have sent you the Error Report of cygwin what i have
got and now am using the SAFECode 3.2 V Source files and trying to solve
with this Version files
i was able to get print the Error Type, Object Start, Object Length, in
this report but not with the Program Counter and the Faulting pointer to
solve these two i need your help professor.

and also am sharing my Work Space by Drive please have a look professor

​
 WORK.rar
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRogh5FAOu9aXpOdXF5bTl0V3M/view?usp=drive_web>
​
[image: Inline image 1]

I also need another Answer Professor as you have sent me some source files
in the github (https://github.com/jtcriswell/safecode-llvm37) you have said
me that these were not integrated with Clang and these were Programmed for
Windows OS or LINUX OS if so can i use these files by using the Microsoft
VS compiler and get the Same Error Report as we have in Linux.

Actually My main AIM is to Link this Compiler to the IBM RTRT tool by using
TDP and generate the Errors which are not generated while we use Standard
Compiler by Which it will increases the Code Quality ( Which makes
Wholesomely a TOOL CHAIN for the MEMORY SAFETY ERRORS)  but this should
totally done in WINDOWS OS.

Expecting for your Reply ASAP and also Professor  I dont leave this project
until i get the Same Error Report in Cygwin ( i have Inspired from you i
have seen your Dissertation Regarding SVA and how hard it was, it motivates
a lot to face challenges like this)

Thank You.

Kind Regards,
Nikhil Reddy Kothapally ,
Master Student ,
Technische Universität Chemnitz,(Germany),
Automotive Software Engineering.