[llvm-dev] llvm 3.7.1 spec2006 astar lto failure on aarch64

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 08:37:56 PST 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 16:28, Geoff Berry via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The change also has a somewhat complicated history of reversion, so perhaps
> one of the authors/reviewers I’ve CC’d can chime in on this?

Hi Geoff,

I'm sceptical. It does look convoluted, and a rather large change, but
the case seems reasonably serious.

I'd like the authors and reviewers to make sure they can get a single
patch that applies to 3.7.1 without failures, before we can consider a
merge. This change looks very generic and can change all targets in
unpredictable ways... I'm not sure just running spec on AArch64 would
be enough to prove the change is ok for a point release.

cheers,
--renato