[llvm-dev] Wrote-up a blog post explaining LLVM's SafeStack

David Chisnall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 13 04:28:24 PST 2015

A minor correction: Code Pointer Integrity is CPI, not CFI (Control Flow Integrity is something different).

If you’re claiming to talk about the weaknesses, then you should probably mention this Oakland paper, which shows how the CPI implementation that uses SafeStack can be broken:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rinard/paper/oakland15.pdf

David