[llvm-dev] [RFC] Deprecating autoconf: Let's do it!

Dimitry Andric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 10 10:46:41 PST 2015

On 10 Nov 2015, at 19:32, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:

> On 07 Nov 2015, at 02:05, Brooks Davis <brooks at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 04:17:04PM -0800, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev wrote:
>>> During the 3.7 release, Dimitry reported that some components didn't
>>> build on FreeBSD with cmake yet. Is that fixed now? I'd like to have
>>> all binaries built with cmake for 3.8.
>>
>> I think we're OK here.  I've got llvm, clang, clang-tools-extra,
>> compiler-rt, lld, lldb, and openmp building from cmake in the FreeBSD
>> ports collection.
>
> While it will probably all build (I'm testing that again now),

Hm, I spoke too soon.  It bombs out fairly quickly with an error about
unwind.h (which we unfortunately *still* don't have in /usr/include, Ed
is working on that):

In file included from /home/dim/src/llvm/trunk/projects/libcxxabi/src/cxa_default_handlers.cpp:19:
/home/dim/src/llvm/trunk/projects/libcxxabi/src/cxa_exception.hpp:19:10: fatal error: 'unwind.h' file not found
#include "unwind.h"
         ^
1 error generated.

But this is during the libcxxabi build.  I don't think we have can build
libcxxabi at all on FreeBSD?  Brooks or Ed, did you ever manage that?

-Dimitry