[llvm-dev] Docs for leak checker (and other sanitizers)?

Greg Stark via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 10 09:43:28 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
> Most likely, you need
> https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizerLeakSanitizer

Thanks!

> I don't think lsan supports this mode directly,
> but why do you think that the init-time allocations are going to be
> "leaked"?
> If there is some object still pointing to those allocations lsan will not
> complain.

Hm. That's a good point. I'm not exactly sure how the ripcord
allocator being used in Postgres combined with the asan
poison/unpoison calls would actually appear to lsan. But even aside
from that I believe there are allocations that are made early in
server initialization that are never freed and it's considered not
worth the book-keeping to free them due to the on-off nature of the
initialization.

--
greg